Monday, September 13, 2010

Cordelia's Future Self

One of the big reasons I think Pathfinder is the Bees-Knees, is that there are so many combination's and tweaks you can do to your character, to get it right where you want it. Im finding that with Cordelia there are a few really cool prestige classes and class combos that are shaping here up to be a great character and one I had envisioned from the beginning.
She's built on a Fighter/Sorcerer platform, so has those sorts of strengths and weaknesses, a little better than a glass canon, she's more of a Pyrex canon. which was obvious when she went down in two hits against the Otyugh! Dang! That wasn't good. To proof her against such things I can go in a few directions: 1) become a Bow/ranged battle focus type 2) take more fighter levels 3) take more ranged spells 4) find a good Prestige Class that helps me out a bit.
Those are all good ideas and taking more bow specific things seems good and wouldn't break her core concept. But then why oh why did I take Weapon Focus in Great Sword instead of long Bow? dang. I have zero bow feats, Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot WF: Long Bow! and starting over for those is pretty gross. I'd be 12th level or something before I top off those feats! so it isn't practical.
Taking a Fighter level would give me a free Feat, more HP and BAB but that gives a hit to my spells. Not the greatest of solutions but might be necessary.
A nice Prestige Class I ran into was the Dragon Disciple. It gives me a huge Hit Die D12 and some nice saves and BAB, but blows my spells. At second level spells kick back in. It gives some nice Natural Armor and Ability Boosts, so might be nice to swap back and forth between DD and Sorcerer. Good times.
If I had over to do again I'd would swap WF: Greatsword, Power Attack and Cleave, for WF: Long Bow, Point-Blank Shot and Precise Shot. That would get me more into line for where I want to be.
Spell selections are so limited for Sorcerer so for 2nd level I will get Bulls Strength or Cats Grace.

so many choices

No comments:

Post a Comment